Effective as of April 2017
Allergan Sweden Privacy Statement
Allergan plc and its global affiliates (hereafter “Allergan”) collect Personal Data in order to serve you and communicate with you. This Privacy Statement explains how Allergan collects, uses, and discloses your Personal Data, and answers specific questions that you may have regarding privacy and security.
This Privacy Statement applies to the operation of Sweden websites and other applications (including mobile applications), that directly link to this statement. Allergan’s global affiliates outside of Sweden may have additional privacy statements that are specifically tailored to the laws in those countries. Those privacy statements are available when you click on “Privacy” in the footer of our affiliate websites or mobile applications.
1. EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Safe Harbor
Allergan and its affiliates in the United States may receive Personal Data from individuals in the European Economic Area and/or Switzerland. Allergan and its affiliates adhere to the United States-European Union Privacy Shield Principles, as set forth by the United States Department of Commerce, with respect to the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data from the European Economic Area.
In addition, Allergan and its affiliates in the United States may receive Personal Data from Switzerland. Allergan and its affiliates adhere to the Swiss-US Safe Harbor with respect to the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data from Switzerland.
To learn more about Allergan’s Privacy Shield and Swiss Safe Harbor commitments, please click on the following link that will take you to Allergan’s official Privacy Shield and Swiss Safe Harbor Notice: allergan.com/privacy.
2. Types of Personal Data Allergan May Collect
This Privacy Statement explains our practices with regard to “Personal Data.” Personal Data is any information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact you. It also includes other information that may be associated with such Personal Data. Examples of types of Personal Data:
- Contact Data, such as your name, email address, mailing address, email address or phone numbers;
- Relationship Data, including information about products, treatments and health conditions that are of interest to you;
- Transaction Data, including purchases, inquiries, and information about how you use the Allergan websites and mobile applications;
- Financial Account Data, such as your credit card number or national identification number;
- Geo-location Data, as may be transmitted to us by your smart phone or other location-aware devices; and/or
- Job Applicant Data, such as your Contact Data, resume, previous work experience, education, transcript, driver’s license information, national identification number and information relating to references
Allergan is subject to laws, regulations, or industry association code of conduct provisions that require Allergan to track, report and disclose information relating to payments and/or other transfers of valuable assets made to licensed healthcare professionals and/or healthcare organizations. These reporting and disclosure obligations include, but are not limited to, fees and honoraria, sponsorships, educational grants, donations, hospitality, reimbursement of travel and expenses and other. In addition to the amount(s) paid, the data that Allergan is required to report and disclose include the name, surname and address of the individual healthcare professional and/or healthcare organization to whom and/or which the payment has been made (“Reportable Data”). The disclosure of the Reportable Data is performed through publicly accessible websites, including Allergan’s website, as required by applicable laws, regulations, or industry association code of conduct provisions. By accessing Allergan’s website and/or directly inputting the Reportable Data into it, you understand and agree that Allergan may be required to collect and process the Reportable Data.
3. How Allergan Collects Personal Data
In most cases, Allergan collects Personal Data directly from you. We will ask you for Personal Data when you interact with us, such as registering on our websites, using any interactive features or applications, sign up to receive a newsletter or a rebate, or make a direct purchase, or apply for employment. We may collect additional data from third party data suppliers who enhance our files or from social media sites such as Facebook, if you like our pages or join our communities.
4. How and when Allergan Uses Personal Data
Allergan may use your Personal Data for its business purposes, such as:
- To respond to your requests for information, products, services, including managing your online accounts with us and providing warranty service for certain products;
- To provide you with general health information (such as information on certain health conditions) as well as information about our products and services;
- To provide you with marketing communications and offers for products and services;
- To administer promotional programs, such as sweepstakes, rewards, and rebate programs;
- To determine if you are eligible for certain products, services, or programs (such as patient savings programs);
- If you have a business or professional relationship with Allergan, to develop our business relationship with you;
- If you apply for a job via our career center, to consider you for employment;
- For our research and development efforts;
- To anonymize data so that it is no longer Personal Data;
- For product safety, such as adverse event reporting, or to communicate product safety information to you; and/or
- For other everyday business purposes, such as payment processing and financial account management, product development, contract management, website administration, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, corporate governance, reporting, and legal compliance.
5. Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
When you visit our website or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain data by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags, browser analysis tools, server logs and web beacons.
For example, when you visit our website, we may place cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store data or settings in your browser. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return. They also help us provide a customized experience and enable us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
BELKYRA uses browser Cookies to personalize and enhance your online experience in compliance with Network Advertising Initiative standards.
We collect many different types of data from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect data about the device you use to access our website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices used to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect data about the website you were visiting before you came to Allergan and the website you visit after you leave our site.
In many cases, the data we collect using cookies and other tools is only used in a non-identifiable way, without any reference to Personal Data. For example, we use data we collect about all website users to optimize our websites and to understand website traffic patterns.
In some cases, we do associate the data we collect using cookies and other technology with your Personal Data. This Privacy Statement governs how we use this data when we associate it with your Personal Data.
Allergan has relationships with third party advertising companies to place advertisements on this website and other websites, and to perform tracking and reporting functions for this website and other websites. These third party advertising companies may place cookies on your computer when you visit our website or other websites so that they can display targeted advertisements to you. These third party advertising companies do not collect Personal Data in this process, and we do not give any Personal Data to them as part of this process. However, this Privacy Statement does not cover the collection methods or use of the information collected by these vendors. For more data about third party advertising, please visit the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org.
6. Do-Not Track Signals and Similar Mechanisms
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to websites with which the browser communicates. Websites linked to this Privacy Statement do not currently respond to these “do-not-track” signals.
7. Access and Correction
8. Data Security
Allergan has implemented a data security program that contains administrative, technical and physical controls that are designed to reasonably safeguard your Personal Data from unlawful use and unauthorized disclosure.
9. Disclosure to Subsequent Owner or Operator
If all or part of Allergan is sold or merged into another entity, the data we have about you may be transferred to a third party as part of that transaction. We will try to assure that no Personal Data that is transferred will be used or shared in a manner inconsistent with this Privacy Statement without your consent. However, in the event of a sale or merger, your continued use of this site signifies your agreement to be bound by the privacy statement and other applicable terms of the subsequent owner or operator.
10. Consent to Processing in Sweden and Elsewhere
Allergan’s site is owned and operated by Allergan in Sweden, but the data you provide will be accessible to our affiliates, vendors, and suppliers in other countries. Furthermore, if you are visiting this site from another country, other than Sweden, your communication with us will necessarily result in the transfer of data across international boundaries. The level of legal protection for Personal Data is not the same in all countries. However, we will take the security measures described in this Privacy Statement in an effort to keep your data secure. By using this site, you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in Sweden and in any country to which we may transfer your data in the course of our business operations.
11. Children’s Privacy
12. Changes to this Privacy Statement
We will only use Personal Data in the manner described in this Privacy Statement in effect when the data was collected from you. However, we reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement at any time by posting revisions to our site. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will either notify you or place a prominent notice on our website. If at any point, we decided to use Personal Data in a manner different from that stated at the time it was collected, you will be given a choice to allow or disallow any additional uses or disclosures of your personally identifiable data, beyond that which was stated in this Privacy Statement at the time your data was collected.
13. How to Contact Us
Allergan Norden AB
Attention: Data Protection Officer
Strandbergsgatan 61, 112 51 Stockholm
Effective as of April 2017